Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

IDC Gili Islands Indonesia Testimonials

PADI IDC Gili Islands Testimonial of a Dive Instructor He may not be the best-looking dive instructor or IDC course director you’ve ever seen. Nor is he keen on a BIG night out slamming Vodka Josh and waking up naked next to a mermaid but hey; that’s not what will get you through the IE now is it?
Camille’s approach to twelve days hard work and preparation for the IE is exactly that, twelve days of hard work and preparation! The first thing he’ll tell you is “it’s easy, IE stands for it’s easy! Now I know what you’re thinking cause I was just like you; this clown obviously doesn’t know whom he’s dealing with? I haven’t had a clue how I even became a dive-master and now this dude is going to prepare me to become an instructor? Help! But let me enlighten you with some positive feedback. When our group of nine students went into the IE we were more than ready! In fact, I doubt many of us even studied before the exams. Camille understands the art of teaching. He makes time for every individual and focuses on each of their problems until they understand. He’s not worried whether you got the answer right, he wants to make sure you know how you got the answer right in the first place! His professional approach and organized manner is why he has become so popular as an IDC course director. Many of us were referred to Camille and I’m sure all of us will refer him on to others. So if you’re interested in becoming a Padi Dive Instructor, be sure to do your IDC with Mr. Lemmens. He’s actually a funny guy too! And about the mermaids; you’ll never know until you’ve been to Gili Air! Martin van Doorn, Netherlands, May 2014, Gili Air, Indonesia Testimonial of IDC Gili Islands May 2014 First time I heard about Camille was when I was doing my DM and there was an IDC conducted by him, taking place at the same resort (Oceans5 – Gili Air). All the soon-to-be instructors were speaking highly about him saying how relaxed, fun and at the same time professional their IDC was. I wasn’t even considering doing IDC at that time but I knew if one day I decide to do it I will probably contact Camille. After a few months I felt like I was ready to do it. I was already working as a DM in Thailand so I started asking around where I should go for my IDC. I was surprised when I heard Camille’s name a few times. I decided to get in touch with shortlisted Course Directors and Camille was the first one to respond. His emails were not like these forwarded offers sent to all the candidates and I didn’t feel like his only objective was to sell me his IDC. That was when I decided I would go back to Gili Air and do it with him. All I can say now is that everything I was told about the way he works was 100% true. We were all astounded by his dive knowledge and real life stories during his presentations. We also had a good time everyday after the whole formal part of the IDC, going out for a dinner or a beer. He was always there, ready to answer all our questions. With every day I was gaining more and more self-confidence as a forthcoming instructor and when finally the IE day came I realized I wasn’t even nervous – I knew I was ready for it. Maybe this is how the IDC works everywhere, I didn’t have a chance to compare but I know that if I had to do it again I would certainly choose Camille as my Course Director. Mariusz Paziak, Poland, May 2014, Gili Air, Indonesia Testimonial of PADI Dive Instructor Mari-Liis I did my IDC Gili islands at Ocean 5 on Gili Air with Camille Lemmens in May 2014. My friends told me to do IDC only with Camille. And so I did. Do I regret? 200% no. In our group, there were 9 candidates (Salome, Emilie, Evan, Jurgen, Oya, Ezra, Mariusz, Martin and me). Level of the group was high but the main thing was – we supported each other as much as possible, helped when some moment everyhing seemed black. And the most important was – we trusted each other and our course director Camille. The dedication and care he have … Now I understand why my friends insisted me to do the course with him. We grew together in these 2 weeks. It means, that it was more than just an IDC . It was very important moment and life event for many of us and without all of these people it wouldn’t be the same. Yes, yes, I know, maybe it seems too sweet what I am going to say now, but that is how I feel and how he made me feel : Camille Lemmens is like a ” godfather” . Thank you Camille for being Camille Mari-Liis Sarapuu, Estonia, May 2014, Gili Air, Indonesia Testimonial IDC Gili Islands I recently completed the PADI Instructor Development Course with Camille Lemmens at Oceans 5 at Gili Air in Feb/March 2014 At 53, I admit to having concerns that as a “mature age student” I would not enjoy the course, or worse not succeed. I am pleased to say that my fears were unfounded and it was definitely worth taking the plunge and doing the course! I would like to commend Camille and his team for delivering a high quality course that I am glad to say I successfully completed. Camille ran an effective and professional IDC that I found both challenging and rewarding. I was particularly pleased that standards set by Camille were high. The IDC not only prepared me to successfully pass the IE, but also gave me an excellent basis to build a professional instructor career. Thanks again Camille! Ian Pittard, Chuuk, Federated States of Micronesia, PADI 334413, March 2014, Gili Air Indonesia “I completed my Padi IDC Indonesia at Oceans 5 Dive Center in Gili Air Indonesia and the course director was Camille Lemmens. Really intensive work during the IDC and professional preparation for the IE which I passed easy. I like to enjoy every moment of my life, so if you want to combine professional work with a lot of fun then Camille Lemmens is THE course director you will need. Thank you very much Camille for the great time we had during the IDC. Keep going your great job.” Antonis Vintos, Greece, OWSI, PADI 324354, March 2014, Gili Air Indonesia I just been certified as an OWSI/MSDT thanks to Camille, on Gilli Air, Oceans 5. We were all from a different background,about 6 of us, and during the IDC, Camille, our Course Director, managed to make it easy and fun, showing patience and dutch humor as well as lots of knowledge. None of us spoke English as their native language, but we manage to understand and passed the IE with confidence (The 6 of us did) counting the fact that we’re coming from very different horizons. IE can seem impressive and stressful, but He taught us with interactivity on a comfortable way, made us feeling involved understanding the PADI teaching system. I’m very grateful I’ve learned with Camille, and couldn’t expect better from a Course Director that allowed us to believe in ourselves, to begin on a solid base, starting our PADI instructor career with confidence. Franck Chevrolat, France, OWSI, October 2013, Gili Air, Indonesia I wish to express my gratitude to Camille Lemmens, PADI Course Director. I recently took my IDC with Camille in preparation for my IE. I want to let you now that the course was tough, hard work, but also interesting, informative, widened my diving knowledge but above all fun. Camille is a very good teacher and was able and capable of answering all questions as well as prepare me and the others for the IE. I would highly recommend Camille to others. ‘Professor’ David Traversa, Italy, OWSI, October 2013, Gili Air, Indonesia “From what we get, we make a living. From what we give, we make a life”. And with this attitude Camille prepared us (me and 5 boys!) during the IDC in October 2013, on Gili Air at Oceans 5. Excited as I was at day one, more comfortable I was on day 2, looking forward to day 3, learning interesting facts about your passion on day 4, feeling more and more confidence about Physics and stuff on day 5, having fun with my boys in the pool at day 6, having a Bintang with the group on day 7, feeling sad that it all almost comes to an end at day 8… and being supported during the IE at day 9 & 10 by Camille. I feel lucky. I learned a lot and had fun. Most important aspect of all is that I felt comfortable, which increases the ability to learn. An aspect that I will take with me as a Padi dive instructor! Thanks! Michelle Gina Heeringa, the Netherlands, OWSI, October 2013, Gili Air, Indonesia.

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Understanding Reverse Diving Profiles

Reverse Diving Profiles In the world of scuba diving, safety is paramount. Every diver is trained to follow certain protocols and guidelines to minimize risks and ensure enjoyable experiences beneath the waves. One such guideline that has sparked debate and discussion over the years is the concept of reverse diving profiles. Reverse Diving Profiles Reevaluating Traditional Wisdom Traditionally, divers have been advised to start their dives deep and gradually ascend, a practice known as a forward profile. This approach is based on the principles of decompression theory and aims to reduce the likelihood of decompression sickness (DCS) by allowing the body to off-gas nitrogen slowly as the diver ascends. Insights from Research and Workshops However, with the advent of dive computers and advancements in dive research, the once strict adherence to forward profiles has come under scrutiny. Contrary to the expectations of many, data has emerged showing that divers engaging in reverse profiles

Oceans 5 Gili Air: A Beacon of Modern Elegance and Environmental Consciousness in 2024

Oceans 5 Gili Air Nestled in the heart of Indonesia, Oceans 5 Gili Air is on the brink of unveiling a transformative renovation that began in November 2023. As we step into 2024, this beloved boutique resort and dive center is poised to reveal a refreshed look, blending modern aesthetics with a deep commitment to environmental sustainability. Here's a glimpse into the profound changes that await you at Oceans 5. PADI IDC Gili Islands in Indonesia 1. Tropical Elegance Reimagined: Bungalows with Alang-Alang Roofs Our pool and garden bungalows have undergone a significant transformation, now adorned with new Alang-Alang roofs. This change not only enhances their tropical allure but also pays homage to traditional architectural styles. These roofs provide an authentic island experience, offering a perfect blend of comfort and elegance amidst nature's splendor. 2. A Poolside Paradise: Total Renovation with Ambient Lighting The pool area, a centerpiece of relaxation and socializing,

What a year for PADI IDC Gili Islands in Indonesia

What a year for PADI IDC Gili Islands! Being part of a growing business on the Gili Islands brings me a lot of joy and fulfillment. Each year we see a growth in the amount of happy new dive instructors. Being a PADI Course Director has its challenges. Next to evaluating, explaining different ways to organize courses, transferring knowledge and making candidates understand the importance of standards there is a big psychological aspect that can be quite draining. As a Course Director you are affected by the disappointments and the success of all the candidates, making it an emotional ride from beginning to end. Everyone, who has all the necessary prerequisites, can become a dive instructor. There is no discrimination in this field. This means that we get IDC candidates from all over the world, with different backgrounds and of different age groups. Because of this variety, a harmonious group dynamic is often the hardest part to achieve. It’s also because of this variety that